Kiefer Sutherland Will Not Be Prosecuted For Attacking A Fashion Designer
INSPIRATIONAL | SEXY | RELATIONSHIPS | FUNNY | BITCHY | PREGNANCY
 
Home > Gossips
 

Kiefer Sutherland Will Not Be Prosecuted For Attacking A Fashion Designer

 
 
July 22, 2009 Brooke Shields, Kiefer Sutherland
 

Kiefer Sutherland will not be prosecuted for attacking a fashion designer. The "24" star had been charged with third degree assault after allegedly head-butting Proenza Schouler designer Jack McCollough in New York in May, but the case has been dropped.

Manhattan District Attorney (D.A.) spokeswoman Alicia Maxey Greene confirmed: "We declined to prosecute after a full investigation. And that included speaking to the complaining witness who was quite uncooperativeÂ… Therefore, the D.A. declined to prosecute."

Kiefer, 42, has also been cleared by the Los Angeles City Attorney's office, which was looking into the case as Kiefer was on a five-year probation - following his conviction for driving under the influence (DUI) in 2007, which saw him sentenced to 48 days in prison - at the time of the altercation.

Spokesman Frank Mateljan said: "Based on the evidence and information received from New York officials, as well as our own independent review of the evidence, we will not be seeking a violation of Sutherland's probation."

It was claimed Kiefer and Jack scuffled after Kiefer accused him of pushing actress Brooke Shields to the ground in nightspot SubMercer.

Kiefer later apologized for the incident, with himself and Jack releasing a joint statement in which they appeared to settle their differences.

Kiefer said: "I am sorry about what happened that night and sincerely regret that Mr. McCollough was injured."

Jack added: "I appreciate Mr. Sutherland's statement and wish him well."

More under: gossips, fashion
By: Maverine Lane


NEXT: Kiefer Sutherland Will Not Be Prosecuted For Attacking A Fashion Designer

We post new gossips & pictures of celebrities everyday.
Stay updated by clicking the 'Like' Button Below...